August 1, 2016 to August 1, 2017
On March 10, 2003, the Federal Communications Commission instituted new EEO reporting and recordkeeping rules designed to track a station's recruitment and hiring practices. The rules required a posting of certain tabulations of those efforts on the station's website and in the Public File, which is maintained at the station's business location.
Following is the required posting of hiring and recruitment procedures undertaken by KHUM-FM, KWPT-FM, KSLG-FM, KXGO-FM, KLGE-FM since the institution of the Commission's new rules. These same documents can be viewed in the station's Public File, which is housed at 1400 Main Street,Suite 104, in Ferndale, California. The file is available for viewing during normal business hours. The next required posting is August 1, 2018.
Lost Coast Communications, Inc., licensee of the stations KHUM-FM, KXGO-FM, KSLG-FM, KLGE-FM and through its subsidiary KWPT, Inc., the licensee of KWPT, is an equal opportunity employer, working to provide broad outreach regarding job vacancies and to encourage a diverse workplace.No organization has requested to be notified for job vacancy.
The following full-time positions were filled during this period.
1. Receptionist/Marketing Assistant (September 2016)Recruitment Source: Lost Coast Outpost Jobs, Craig’s List ad
2. Video Reporter (September 2016) Recruitment Source: Networking
3. Outside Sales Account Executive (January 2017) Recruitment Source: Networking, Lost Coast Outpost Jobs, Craig’s List ad
4. Front Office Assistant (July 2017) Recruitment Source: Networking, Lost Coast Outpost Jobs, Craig’s List ad
1. Sales. Recruitment Sources: Lost Coast Outpost, HSU, Redwood Coast Career Fair (May 2015), Lost Coast Outpost Jobs
2. Graphic DesignerRecruitment Sources: Lost Coast Outpost Jobs3. Back-up/On-call On Air Personalities. Recruitment Sources: Lost Coast Outpost Jobs, Radio Advertising
Recruiting Sources Addresses
Lost Coast Outpost: 1400 Main Street, Suite 104, Ferndale, CA 95536 (707) 786-5104
All Access Magazine: 15981 Yarnell Suite 122, Rancho Cascades, CA 91342 (818) 570-9500
Humboldt State University: 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521 (707)826-3011
Times-Standard: 930 6th Street, Eureka, CA 95501 (707) 441-0500
Northcoast Employer Advisory Council/Redwood Coast Career Fair: Adorni Recreation Center, 1011 Waterfront Drive, Eureka, CA 95501 (707)441-5711
Lost Coast Communications has more than ten employees and operates in a small market. As such, we are required to complete four recruitment initiatives within a two-year time period.For the past two years, the licensee has engaged in the following initiatives:
1. Recruitment/Internship Program. Two of our LCCI management team members are involved at Humboldt State University and College of the Redwoods in teaching and advising students with hands-on radio and journalism issues. This relationship allows LCCI to utilize prospective students for paid positions as well as volunteer and internship positions that offer real world experience. The close ties with the students at the University have brought a wide variety of young men and women of diversity into employment on a full- or part-time basis at LCCI.
2. Educational Tours. The stations regularly host local college, high school, elementary school andscout groups for educational tours on how the station operates.
3. KKDS-LP/Blue Ox Radio. KHUM, KSLG, KWPT and KXGO actively support KKDS-LP, a low-powered educational station known as Blue Ox Radio, which gives high school students theopportunity to learn about radio. The stations have provided free advertising for KKDS fund-raisers and provided technical and financial advice to KKDS.
4. Influence on Education. Two of our senior employees teach several college level classes in radio and journalism at Humboldt State University each semester. One is the senior advisor to the student-run station, KRFH, an AM carrier station.